8/31: The free party pack has been updated!
Download these FREE Game of Thrones party decor and check out our top 10 Game of Thrones party decor tips!
It's only until Game of Thrones season 6 premiere is upon us. Who is ready for a deadly Game of Thrones theme party, or a Red Wedding for that ultimate A Song of Ice and Fire fan? You will find decoration ideas, costumes, recipes, party games and more. Finally, don't forget to download the FREE GoT Printable Party Pack here to immerse you and your guests in the true spirit of Westeros. All spoiler free.
1. Start off by sending your friends and foes this Jon Snow invitation.
Make sure they see that guest rights will be honored in your halls (most likely):
2. Dress code = cosplay:
3. For the queens and kings of the kitchens:
Cook up a feast for the crows with these authentic Westerosi recipes from Innatthecrossroads.com. I suggest the Dothraki goat with sweetgrass, firepods and honey and honeycakes with blackberries and nuts.
4. Pair the goat and honeycakes with a Westerosi vintage:
like a Dornish Red or Arbor Gold, the only thing Tyrion and Cercei Lannister could agree on:
5. After a few drinks, it's time to breakout the game of wits.
Who's the person shown in the photo below? If you answered "Missandei", congratulations. See who reigns in this 50-question Game of Thrones trivia game from theguardian.com.
Photo credit: www.hbo.com
6. A little competitive spirit is bound to make your guests thirsty.
This concoction known as "the Kingslayer" from nerdsandnomsense.com will even the score, hands down.
7. For the designated drivers / Dothraki riders:
Make sure you have some delightful non-alcoholic Westerosi beverages on hand (try Fountain of the Faceless Men, Winterfell Springs, Weirwood Sap, and Tears of Lys):
8. For a little fun and to capture the memorable event:
Set up a Game of Thrones photo booth with these props found on Etsy.com.
Photo credit: thehollywoodgossip.com
9. Make sure your guests snack on...
some delectable, non-poisonous honeyed locusts and dragonfire roasted corn (siracha popcorn) while enjoying the spectacle. You can download the printable popcorn bag template and print it out at home.
10. Don't forget to decorate your medieval hall
with these sigils of the great houses of Westeros:
11. (Bonus tip!) A proper King's Landing affair would not be complete without
King's Landing Lemon Cake, which as we all know is Sansa Stark's favorite food. Lastly, finish the party off (not GRRM style) with Lord Frey's Red velvet cakes. Print out these cupcake wrappers and flags to complete the look.
Note to subscribers: After you click "subscribe", you will receive an email to confirm your subscription. Add us to your address book will make sure future mails don't end up in your spam box. After confirming, a welcome email with the download link and password will be sent to you, this takes a few minutes but rest assured it's coming! For Gmail users this may be in your Promotion tab.
If you like this Game of Thrones Party Planning Guide, go ahead and leave a comment! Do you have any tips and recipes to share? I'd love to hear from you. Share & like links are down below! And if you are planning a badass Game of Thrones party, please share those awesome pics on Instagram and Facebook and tag #designgenes and #GotParty, I would love to see them!
Share this post
- 11 comments
- Tags: free download, game of thrones cosplay, game of thrones costume, Game of Thrones food, game of thrones party, game of thrones sigils, iron throne, jon snow, party decor, premiere party, red wedding, season 6